It’s hard to believe that, meteorologically speaking, Spring is here. The rain has been lashing at the window most of the afternoon and there’s still a chill of winter in the wind. We’re feeling very spring-like however, as we prepare to launch our Spring Selection online. We’ve been working on the flavours for the last few months, and have come up with six flavours which capture the essence of Spring and early Summer.
- Strawberry & Basil Margarita – This one evolved over several months. I felt the basil worked really well with a peppery tequila, and the addition of strawberry gave it the balancing sweetness. I’ve also added some cracked black pepper to bring out the peppery flavours.
- Pimm’s Blackberry & Elderflower – I love the limited edition Pimm’s and felt this would work beautifully in white chocolate. I’ve added some blackberry sugar decoration to give it an additional crunch.
- Elderflower Gin Fizz – After trying Slamsey’s Elderflower Gin I really wanted to put this into a cocktail and spent a long time experimenting with ideas. In the end, the zesty lemon won out, balancing the floral notes of the gin.
- Rose petal & Lychee Martini – Using Rose Gin as a starting point I added a Lychee liqueur which was one of those additions to the cocktail cabinet you’re never sure when or why it was purchased. The combination worked really well together.
- Pimm’s – My favourite Summer cocktail and one I’ve been revisiting on several occasions to get the balance just right.
- Orange & Jalapeno Margarita – I adapted our classic Margarita Choctail, adding some orange essence and a kick of chilli to give it a bit of warmth.